The Home Depot QuoteCenter (Nov 2011—Present)
Senior UX Designer (Feb 2014—Present)
- Helped to harmonize our emerging UX process with Agile development in close collaboration with Product and Engineering.
- Reduced development costs for multiple projects through design validation and iteration.
- Played a central role in establishing many of the high-level design patterns and UI components for a ground-up redesign of our flagship product.
- Built a custom database to store user research data from over two dozen qualitative studies. This greatly increased our efficiency in finding specific data points from past research, and reduced bottlenecks in our synthesis process.
E-Content Designer (Feb 2013—Feb 2014)
- Designed information architecture and UI for exploring our product catalog, which created unprecedented opportunities for business expansion.
UX Designer / Business Analyst (Nov 2011—Feb 2013)
- Designed second-generation workflow and UI for our roof truss configurator, which helped us to make a historically negative-margin product line profitable again, as well as convince Home Depot to acquire our company.
Ben Berkompas Design (Aug 2008—Feb 2013)
- I ran my own shop on the side for several years, working with my clients on branding, identity design, marketing, and some web design.
- Design: Interaction Design, Conceptual Modeling, Information Architecture, Workflow Modeling, Wireframing, Prototyping, Responsive Design
- Research: Contextual Inquiry, Usability Testing, User Interviews
- Agile: Scrum, Lean UX, User Stories, Story Mapping
- Technical: HTML, CSS, ReactJS, JSX, Git
- UX Certification (Nielsen Norman Group, 2015)
- Mobile Design Specialty Certification (Nielsen Norman Group, 2015)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (Scrum Alliance, 2017)